This training course meets the initial 20- hour training requirements set-forth by Pennsylvania (IBHS) for practitioners that work as Admin Directors, Clinical Directors and/or Behavior Consultants who possess an ABA certification/licensure and have experience working with individuals with developmental, mental and other disabilities (to include ASD). This training is provided in association with Special Learning, Inc who is an approved BACB® ACE® provider (OP-14-2347), QABA® CEU provider, and an APA® CE Sponsor.Professional students who complete this course will have satisfied the following Pennsylvania mandated training elements:
- (2) Crisis intervention skills, including risk management, de-escalation techniques and safety planning.
- (3) Behavior management skills and coaching.
- (4) Child and adolescent development
- (5) Overview of serious emotional disturbance and other behavioral and psychosocial needs of the children, youth and young adults
- (6) Professional ethics, conduct and confidentiality.
- (8) Psychotropic medications, including common side effects.
Please note: Professional Students will still be required to complete the following trainings with an approved provider to fully meet the PA requirements:
- (1) Sections 6301—6386 of 23 Pa.C.S. (relating to Child Protective Services Law) and mandated reporting requirements.
- Act 31 On-line Training provided by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work (3 hours) https://www.socialwork.pitt.edu/researchtraining/child-welfare-programs/act-31-line-training
- (7) First aid, universal precautions and safety.
- Must be completed through an approved Provider like ABA Support Solutions as this requires hands-on training (5 hours)
. **Some classes within this course may also be eligible for CE/CEU credits when applicable.